Thursday, June 9, 2016

Two and Done

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 383 (running: 312.4 walking: 33.4; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 170.4  Money Found For Food Bank: $53.01

Summer 2016 Ultimate Pool Volleyball Championship - Best of 101:
Me: 7 Pit Crew #2: 5

In an unfortunate turn of events for Pit Crew #2, I took a strong lead in our Volleyball rumble today ...

That turn of events came long after our morning run together! At least she started her day off right, amiright? As the meteorologists of the world promised, the morning was warm. Very warm. From the moment we stepped outside, we let out our first-of-the-season, "Eww." It was clear that we were going to be mighty hot every step of the run. Elly wasn't invited for this very reason. She did not really understand, but she got over it.

Today's was a short run, just two miles, and that was perfect. Knowing it was that short, and knowing we rest tomorrow, it was a faster and stronger run than most. That's what that short one is supposed to be for, so it was nice to successfully kick it into gear.

Summer is often a higgly-piggly mess for me as I scramble through my days trying to do what I normally do while fitting Summer in there somewhere. This running routine has brought back some of my sanity. If I ever thought I loved a schedule ...

The schedule is, indeed, key. When possible, it's nice to have some semblance of control! At least it starts the day off right. I cannot always be held responsible for how it plays out, but the start is good!

PC#2 was wise in her thinking when she planned the schedule to include Fridays OFF. Smart girl ... we'll be checking in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment