Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Toward a Goal Out Of the Gates

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 381 (running: 310.4 walking: 33.4; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 170.4  Money Found For Food Bank: $52.22

Summer 2016 Ultimate Pool Volleyball Championship - Best of 101:
Me: 4 Pit Crew #2: 5

In a very important housekeeping note, I must amend the Ultimate Pool Volleyball Championship "Best of" status. It's best of 101, not 51. It takes 51 wins to be the ultimate champion. I was momentarily confused when I first announced. My issue was probably being a little surprised that I started off in the hole. It looks like the girl is going to be a competitor this year!

Speaking of the girl, she and I have definitely found a good Summer swing. Between the many other things we need and want to do, the running schedule feels normal again. Neither of us was thrilled getting up this morning. In fact, I said there aren't going to be too many days starting this early, and she agreed. Of course, I'd just gotten out of bed, and she was still in hers. By the time we got going outside, those unmotivated morning feelings had passed.

It's supposed to start being hot in the mornings after today, so we took Elly while we knew we could. I won't lie, the girl of the four-legged variety was annoying. How many potty stops did she make? I don't know, I can't count that high! Pit Crew #2 and I decided to make a selfie our business ...
... while Elly took care of her own. At least this one was in the shade ...

We're heading for a virtual 10K in a few short weeks. There are two to pick from, so soon is the time to coordinate with Virtual Running Partner Extraordinaire Mary Kate to see if it's the duo or trio 10K that is first on the calendar!

Tomorrow's another running morning! The motivation continues, and it feels good to be back! We'll check in after!

No comments:

Post a Comment