Monday, June 6, 2016

Scheduled

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 374 (running: 307.4 walking: 29.4; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 170.4  Money Found For Food Bank: $52.15

Summer 2016 Ultimate Pool Volleyball Championship - Best of 51:
Me: 2 Pit Crew #2: 3

Ahh ... what a difference a schedule makes!!

Pit Crew #2 and I talked last night about making a schedule. Given all of the Summer duties and wanna-dos, I knew there was just no way to make the most out of our days without some self-imposed guidelines! The boys are managing their sides of life* while we girls took charge of ours! First on the list? A running schedule, of course!

* The boys are biking together this Summer. After their first ride last night, PC#3 came in to report: "Biking is like running if running were fun." Seriously, I love that kid!

So, in our discussion, PC#2 let me know she'd already decided she wanted to run Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. I asked if I could just jump on her train, and that was that! For now, I'll give the guidelines for how many miles which will ultimately be negotiated. I want to work us back into six miles as comfortable, and then we'll reconfigure from there. The most important piece -- the schedule -- is in place. The rest is gravy.

Never mind that I think gravy is gross. It's still a good saying.

So, as scheduled (yay! I like saying that again!), we headed out with the pound hound this morning. It was rather warm, so Elly took advantage of any shade she found. That, of course, translates into interval running, but it still works! During one of her sidelines, she investigated a bit of nature:
We dubbed that moment Elly's Nature Preserve Field Trip. And, then, I had flashbacks to accompanying such field trips with the young Crewers. I hated those field trips. They did absolutely nothing for me. I was more of the room mom kind of gal complete with designing games and bringing treats. Chaperoning the nature preserve places sucked. But, I tried. Ohhh how I tried ...

So, tomorrow, we REST! That works well for me because I have to admit I'm still getting used to running and pool volleyballing! Sunday's six rounds of the volleyball -- where it was mighty evident I have become the weak link of the teams! -- did nothing for that first mile of running this morning. All was forgiven by Mile 2 ...

Enjoy your Tuesday as Summer weather starts to really knock on the door! I'll be checking in ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment