Thursday, May 26, 2016

Off My Own Hook

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 362 (running: 297.9 walking: 27.9; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 167.3  Money Found For Food Bank: $51.89

I headed out for our run yesterday with every intention of knocking out a quick three miles and moving on with my day.

Not thinking about the route, I got us going and, from the direction I started, I had absolutely no idea how a 3-mile route worked out. So, I immediately bailed on 3, decided on 2 and basked in the extra minutes that bought me for the really busy morning and day ahead of me!

Lemonade, baby. Lemonade from those lemons!

We had a solid outing, though. I can't complain about that. I can complain about the degree to which Elly was super-contrary by the time we got home. I'd forgotten my camera on the run, so we headed out to the deck for the post-run commemorative photo. She was all kinds of eager to do this, and she's totally used to it. And, then, she was rather uncooperative for the pic, and this is what I captured. Check out that face:
She's such a stinker.

Don't feel too bad for her. She had her moment in the sun later in the day. Literally.
So, yeah. I didn't quite have it all together yesterday enough to jot a few words about the continued running endeavor. It looks like when I gave myself permission to let myself off the self-imposed to-do list, I took it very seriously! It's all still working out even if not in the order or in the time I might think it could or should. But, that's okay. It's nice to just let things go in a controlled flow ...! To that end, let's see how tomorrow and the weekend play out! Ready? Let it flow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment