Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Ah, NOW I See It!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 336.6 (running: 283 walking: 18.2; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 145.3  Money Found For Food Bank: $48.94

This is Elly.
Elly is supposed to be running, walking or sniffing. But, she stops. She thinks she sees Aaron's car. Therefore, she thinks Aaron is here.

To make matters worse, the car pulls up alongside us. The car is parallel parking. Its owner wants nothing to do with us. But, Elly is certain it is Aaron. She has no plans to move. None. So, we wait.

The owner of the car gets out. It's not Aaron. Elly is disappointed. The car owner sees us and appears weirded out being stared at.

Welcome to what I gotta do in my world!

But for this particular incident this morning, we cruised along on our morning run! It started off mighty foggy, but I enjoyed the cool, damp air! It was refreshing while I thought about how, for the past couple of months, my days feel like I'm pushing through molasses while tending to what needs tending. The molasses doesn't mean anything has slowed down. It merely represents the difficulty of moving forward with any kind of ease! I think I finally figured out that it's that kind of resistance training that makes a person stronger!

It was actually kind of nice to have a visual of why life feels a little trickier than normal right now! I know what I accomplish, but I also know how it has been feeling. While I can't complain (nor do I want to), it doesn't always feel awesome. My molasses visual helped! I continued to ponder this while taking note of more fabulous Spring scenes ...
Tomorrow is a take-charge kind of day in terms of my schedule, and I'm feeling optimistic!! We'll see how it actually plays out, but I'm going in with the right attitude! Do what you gotta do during your hump day, and I'll be checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment