Saturday, May 21, 2016

We're Back!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 355.2 (running: 290.1 walking: 24.2; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 161.6  Money Found For Food Bank: $51.43

I looked at Pit Crew #2 last night and said, "Do you want to run with me in the morning?" And, I put "run" in air quotes. I couldn't even imagine how it was going to feel after an almost full two-week break, but I knew I was ready to get back out there.

PC#2 immediately accepted the invite. I was glad she did. I have missed running with her even though I will fully admit I had yet to miss running until, literally, yesterday. I can't count any part of the week I was sick as missing much of anything except being among the land of the living. And, this past week, I ended up using exactly the way I knew I needed -- getting caught up and finding a new daily groove that actually works instead of living on a wing and a prayer that all things I'm cramming in to a day actually pan out. Dropping running off the schedule for a week was the right thing to do to free up some time, but, as of last night, I was ready to put it back in the list of priorities!

And, so, this morning, we headed out. Me, my girl and my dog. We ran, we walk-breaked, we talkedandtalkedandtalked ... We were slow but kept going, and it felt good to be out in the sunshine with nothing on the immediate agenda except putting one foot in front of the other. Physically, the run went better than I expected, and, mentally, well, it's always good mentally.

I'm happy to report: We're back!
The next run is Monday. Yes, Monday. We're back, but, let's not get too crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment