Monday, May 2, 2016

It All Run-eth Over

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 328.5 (running: 278.9; walking: 14.2; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 137.2  Money Found For Food Bank: $48.27

I remember when I used to think of "Rest Days" as the those where I avoided as much physical activity as possible so as to rest up for the next run. It's true, that's exactly how I thought of it. I needed it both physically and mentally in those days, too, so it's all good. Fast forward to this past weekend where I didn't run, but I'm trying to remember a part of it that was restful! My favorite anecdote: My schedule has been busier than usual to the point I had yet to tend to/start to prep the gardens. It was almost embarrassing. A friend came by on Saturday, and I noted things are a little out of control as I motioned toward my super-gross gardens. She didn't miss a beat when she said, "You know, I just love how easily the native plants grow around here."

That is a stellar attitude! I laughed as I later started digging us out from under the native plant mess. I couldn't even bring myself to take a "before" picture to show just how ridiculous it got because I was poised and ready to start the work, and I didn't want to tempt myself to avoid it by stepping inside for the camera ...

It's time to get back at it!! And, by that, I mean all of it!! It's Monday, after all, which brings with it a slew of activity to dive into!

Starting our day off with a run was most excellent for myself as well as Elly. She was more eager to go than I, but, that's because she snoozes most of her days away when I stay up too late instead of arming my morning with plenty of sleep! Fortunately, good sleep is not normally a required factor in the running department for our morning outings.

I wasn't so tired that I didn't notice these ...
... nor to run the day's (month's) plans through my head in an effort to retain the little control I tend to have over the family schedule! I again rejoiced in my decision to leave running for the sake of running right now rather than to put another Half Marathon on the calendar this month (insert a shred of sanity here.). Our run this morning was pressure free and joyful. As it should be.

A semblance of a training schedule is in order for the upcoming Summer months to keep myself going as well as to earn a handful of virtual medals. Aspiring for a series of 10K runs is enough of a challenge for me right now!

And, that's what it's all about -- what's good enough for me and not what I'm doing compared to anyone else. Right, Elly?
"I cheer you no matter what, mommy.
It's even better when I get to go."
For real, my schedule cup has run-eth over. The cool part of that is it runs over with those who fill my heart. What more could I want than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment