Friday, July 1, 2016

Catching Up

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 423 (running: 349.6 walking: 34.8; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 182.3  Money Found For Food Bank: $55.07

Summer 2016 Ultimate Pool Volleyball Championship - Best of 101:
Me: 20 Pit Crew #2: 13

Hey, so, it's pretty cool that not only have I not managed to catch myself up in my own journaling this week, but I also just logged in to find I drafted my last entry instead of publishing it. Nice!! Oh well. I will look back on these entries one day and think, "Yeah, that looks about right. That was a pretty messy time!"
 
While I never have total control over my Summer schedule (ha!! That's an understatement!), I'm managing to keep my head well above water. So, I call that a victory. This week in particular, I even navigated situations where those in customer service weren't so serviceable to the customer because they couldn't think outside of their teeny, tiny thought boxes to solve a problem. And, I've done so without any sort of combustion, external or spontaneous. Let's thank the power of prayer and pool therapy for coming through those ordeals! Speaking of the pool, check out the tournament status! I'm not quite sure how I'm pulling that off, but I like it!
 
So, through it all, Pit Crew #2 and I have kept our running schedule going to get ready for tomorrow's virtual 10K! This week's weather finally afforded us some breathability, so we again feel able to run the distance. Last week, that idea was in question for both of us!
 
We went out on Wednesday afternoon when it seemed rather mild all things considered. By the time we hit the mile and a half point, BAM. We were HOT.
There's PC#2 taking advantage of my new water bottle! I just bought it the day before, and it needed a test run. One of my current ones sucks because the stopper doesn't want to open to, you know, let us drink. I've tolerated it for years and finally decided on Tuesday to just get a new one. I thought I'd just walk in and replace what I already have. Um, not so much. Now, what I used to buy for $20 has a new fangled cell phone holder that added $15 to the price. Gulp! I got a Camelback variety this time, and I dig it.

So, that was Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday, we headed out early for a quick one with the pooch. It was unremarkable except for how pleasant the temperature felt for the end of June immediately following that heat wave! It was nice to take Elly. She does so like to run. She likes post-run love even more than that:
She'll live with her disappointment tomorrow, though, as we head out without her. I have a virtual medal to earn with her when Fall settles in and the temperatures are predictably cool. Until then, she just needs to cheer us at the finish!

So, it's a 6.2 morning ahead of us after today's rest-and-volleyball! Have a great start to your weekend, and we'll pop in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment